Safe Holiday Tips
To keep you safe and to make your holiday an enjoyable one we have a few tips for you.
- Please keep a copy of your passport, insurance, and police registration form (this will be done by the office when you arrive) on you at all times, and an emergency contact number should you have an accident.
- Make sure that you have an INTERNATION DRIVERS LICENCE If you intend to rent a bike or hire a car.
- Always wear your helmet, and please do it up.
- Make sure your handbag or backpack is securely attached to you when you are riding your motor bike.
- Don’t panic if you get pulled over by the police, just take out your bike rego, and your international drivers licence, (not your money,and only have a 50,000 or at the most a 100,000 rp visible in your wallet.
- BIG NO NO …do not stop on the striped line at the lights…and keep to your side of the road.
- Please ride safely and please do not drink and ride your bike. Taxis are safer and you can always pick your bike up the next day.
- If you are Australian you can go to SMART TRAVELLER and register. If anything happens on the island and there is evacuations etc, the Consulate will ring you and you will be first to get attention.
If you are other than Australian, you should check out your consulate here and see if you can register your stay. Even though you have to register with the police, I would not like to rely on them to get in touch with you should the need arise
STAY SAFE AND ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL ISLAND